The project includes MIYAVI’s first anisong cover album and world tours—the first being in North America. Following the NA tour, in December MIYAVI will hold “Electric Xmas 2022”, a special Christmas live show, in three Japanese cities!
What You Need to Know:
- Nicknamed the “Samurai Guitarist”, MIYAVI is an artist who has an active career both in Japan and overseas. In recent years, he starred in the movie Kate and did voice acting for the Netflix animated series Arcane, which also features his music in the soundtrack. Additionally, he gave the opening performance at the National Stadium when the soccer team Paris Saint-Germain came to Japan. Also, on Sado Island, MIYAVI collaborated with Kodo, a taiko drumming troupe that keeps traditional Japanese music and arts alive through their performances, and this week, the movie Hell Dogs, which he was cast in, hits Japanese theaters nationwide on September 16. He’s a dynamic artist whose work goes beyond borders and any one genre.
- To commemorate the 20th anniversary of his solo debut, MIYAVI is launching a 20th anniversary project titled “MIYAVI 20th & Beyond” on October 31. This project will not only celebrate his 20 years in the music industry, but also show how he will further evolve as an artist. For the first part of the project, MIYAVI will be releasing his first ever anime song cover album. The album will be called “MIYAVIVERSE – Anima -” and will feature five carefully selected anime songs that are also much-loved overseas. They will be reborn anew with MIYAVI’s signature sound and are sure to shake up the new audiovisual world.
- The tracks for the album have been announced and will include signature songs “The Galaxy Express 999”, “Get Wild”, “Soul’s Refrain”, and “Eternal Wind ~Hohoemi Wa Hikaru Kaze No Naka~”, as well as the recent hit “Blue Bird”. New artist photos were unveiled with the album’s announcement and visuals that match the theme of each song will be announced later.
- In October, MIYAVI will start his world tour commemorating his 20th anniversary with a large-scale North American tour, similar to last year. And if fans weren’t already excited enough, it was announced that in December, he will be performing “Electric Xmas 2022”, a special Christmas live show that will be held in Nagoya, Osaka, and Yokohama. Enjoy Holy Nights with MIYAVI and the commemorative songs of his past 20 years. Also, stay tuned for updates on the rest of his world tour after the new year!
- Please continue to pay close attention to MIYAVI’s increasingly passionate global activities and catch all the particulars of the 20th-anniversary project as new information is released.
- MIYAVI’s album MIYAVIVERSE – Anima – will be released on November 23!
Cover Album MIYAVIVERSE – Anima –
Release date: November 23, 2022
*song order is yet to be finalized
The Galaxy Express 999
Eternal Wind ~Hohoemi Wa Hikaru Kaze No Naka~
2022 North American Tour Details
MIYAVI North America Tour 2022 “Futurism”
Countries: U.S., Canada
Dates: October 5 – November 7, 2022 (local time)
Oct 5th: WASHINGTON DC THE STATE THEATRE
Oct 8th: NEW YORK LPR
Oct 9th: BOSTON BRIGHTON MUSIC HALL
Oct 11th: MONTREAL LE NATIONAL
Oct 12th: TORONTO AXIS CLUB
Oct 15th: PITTSBURGH THUNDERBIRD CAGE & MUSIC HALL
Oct 17th: CHICAGO COBRA LOUNGE #1
Oct 18th: CHICAGO COBRA LOUNGE #2
Oct 20th: MINNEAPOLIS FINE LINE
Oct 21st: KANSAS KNUCKLEHEADS
Oct 23rd: DALLAS TREES
Oct 24th: HOUSTON SCOUT BAR
Oct 25th: AUSTIN COME & TAKE IT LIVE
Oct 27th: ARIZONA NILE THEATRE
Oct 31st: LOS ANGELES THE FONDA THEATRE
Nov 2nd: VANCOUVER RICKSHAW
Nov 3rd: SEATTLE NEUMOS
Nov 5th: PORTLAND HAWTHORNE THEATRE
Nov 7th: SAN FRANCISCO AUGUST HALL
*The above schedule may be subject to change.
MIYAVI has gained worldwide attention as a guitarist for his unconventional “slap guitar” style, in which he plays the electric guitar with his fingers instead of a pick. He’s performed more than 380 live shows in 30 some countries, and has 8 successful world tours under his belt. Other accomplishments include arranging the Japanese version of the theme song for the blockbuster film Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, producing music for a Honda commercial, creating music for SMAP, and working with various other artists. In September 2021, he released the album Imaginary and successfully completed a 20-show North American tour, a 5-show Japan tour, and a 2-show Hawaii tour.
In addition to his musical activities, he is also active as an actor and a model. In 2017, he became the first Japanese to be appointed as a Goodwill Ambassador for UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees). As the “Samurai Guitarist,” he is constantly taking on new challenges and is one of the most promising Japanese artists active on the international stage.
MIYAVI Official Site: http://myv382tokyo.com
Source: Official Press Release