NEWS: Bukimi Miki’s Shy Manga Gets TV Anime at 8-Bit – Forum


View previous topic :: View next topic   Author Message DamianSalazar

Joined: 25 Jul 2017
Posts: 198

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:46 am

Bandai Namco must have been completely satisfied with how popular Iruma-kun was that they must’ve sought more Akita Shoten manga. I’m glad they chose this one and with 8-bit too? I can’t wait till it airs.

Back to top
SHD

Joined: 05 Apr 2015
Posts: 1394

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:07 am
DamianSalazar wrote:

Bandai Namco must have been completely satisfied with how popular Iruma-kun was that they must’ve sought more Akita Shoten manga.

From what I remember this is absolutely not like Iruma-kun, though. Not even the same target audience… It has cute girls so I’m sure it’s going to do well, though.

(Still, I have to question the wisdom of pushing a story that heavily features exaggerated national stereotypes, in today’s general… uh… state of affairs.)


Last edited by SHD on Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top
MushroomMan674

Joined: 05 Feb 2020
Posts: 58

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:07 am
Wow, more WSC manga getting anime. You love to see it.

Obviously, people are gonna see what SHY is all about and immediately compare it to MHA, but it’s such a different superhero series than that. Way different in tone.


Back to top
DamianSalazar

Joined: 25 Jul 2017
Posts: 198

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:36 am
SHD wrote:
DamianSalazar wrote:

Bandai Namco must have been completely satisfied with how popular Iruma-kun was that they must’ve sought more Akita Shoten manga.

From what I remember this is absolutely not like Iruma-kun, though. Not even the same target audience…

They’re both in the same magazine. Yes two things that are wildly different in tone, storytelling, and audience can coexist in the same magazine. Kubo-san runs in the same magazine as Oshi no Ko for example.


Back to top
SHD

Joined: 05 Apr 2015
Posts: 1394

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:46 am
DamianSalazar wrote:
SHD wrote:
DamianSalazar wrote:

Bandai Namco must have been completely satisfied with how popular Iruma-kun was that they must’ve sought more Akita Shoten manga.

From what I remember this is absolutely not like Iruma-kun, though. Not even the same target audience…

They’re both in the same magazine. Yes two things that are wildly different in tone, storytelling, and audience can coexist in the same magazine. Kubo-san runs in the same magazine as Oshi no Ko for example.

Oh wow, really? You don’t say. I would’ve never thought this was even possible. I never read any manga magazines. Yes, I’m being sarcastic right now.

Anyway, I was trying to point out that this manga is completely unlike Iruma-kun, and that “Iruma-kun is doing well, let’s adapt Shy!” is not exactly a natural flow of logic.


Back to top
DamianSalazar

Joined: 25 Jul 2017
Posts: 198

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:55 am
SHD wrote:

Oh wow, really? You don’t say. I would’ve never thought this was even possible. I never read any manga magazines. Yes, I’m being sarcastic right now.

Anyway, I was trying to point out that this manga is completely unlike Iruma-kun, and that “Iruma-kun is doing well, let’s adapt Shy!” is not exactly a natural flow of logic.

I can tell. What went on in my mind was the idea that a producer associated with Bandai Namco’s production of Iruma-kun would go to Weekly Shonen Champion’s offices and asked their editors-in chief which of their ongoing series is popular, despite it not having an anime, and that would lead them to Shy and the rest is history.

Edit: I just took a look into the Iruma-kun anime entry on the encyclopedia, and it seems I was way off on this one. Bandai Namco Pictures may be credited for animation production, but their parent company Bandai Namco isn’t credited for production.

So my hypothesis is now BS.


Back to top
Kenfra

Joined: 10 Aug 2022
Posts: 27

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:08 pm

Is this Yuri?

Back to top



Source link

Leave a Comment